This is an unboxing and review of the Elgato Light Strip. This RGB Light Strip is designed to be camera friendly for streamers and video makers. There is no flicker on video unlike some of the other brands of RGB lighting you can get.
I go over the LED strip itself, as well as installing and configuring the Elgato Control Center app on my phone. Samples of a few RGB colors as well as cool white and warm white are shown for reference. I also review the light strip length, cutting the light strip and extending the light strip.
PRODUCTS MENTIONED IN THIS VIDEO
DISCLOSURE: This description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you which helps support the channel.
- 00:00 - Elgato Light Strip Overview
- 00:30 - Unboxing the Elgato Light Strip
- 02:24 - How RGB Light Strips Work
- 02:59 - Why some smart LED Lights Flicker on Camera
- 04:13 - Install Elgato Control Center App
- 07:23 - Install Light Strip on Back Edge of Desk
- 08:20 - Testing RGB Light Colors on Video
- 09:59 - Repositioning my RGB Light Strip
- 10:56 - Elgato Light Strip Length, Cutting and Extensions
- 13:37 - Summary and Conclusions
#benstechlab #elgato #lightstrip
Posted By Ben
Ben is a software architect and developer who loves all things tech. When he's not at work he likes to play with computer tech, home automation and video production.