I wanted to record my 4k computer monitor with my Atem Mini Pro ISO (now Atem Mini Extreme ISO) without forcing my nice 4k monitor into 1080p mode all the time. I also don’t want to be changing desktop resolutions in my computer or swapping HDMI cables everytime I want to make a YouTube video. I want to have my 4k monitor working in 4k and be able to record on the Atem Mini at the press of a button.
In this video, I review the Inexpensive Ezcoo 4k HDMI Splitter/Scaler. It not only splits the HDMI into two outputs (one for the monitor, one for the Atem Mini), but also has optional video scaler that can be enabled on one or both HDMI outputs.
PRODUCTS MENTIONED IN THIS VIDEO
DISCLOSURE: This description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you which helps support the channel.
- 00:00 - EZcoo 4k HDMI Splitter/Scaler Introduction
- 00:46 - How can we record a 4k source with an Atem Mini
- 02:23 - EDID and Scaler Settings
- 03:53 - Testing 4k Monitor
- 04:37 - Atem Software Control Scaled Sample
- 05:00 - Visual Studio Code Scaled Sample
- 05:53 - BitFocus Companion Browser Scaled Sample
- 07:05 - Summary and Conclusion
Posted By Ben
Ben is a software architect and developer who loves all things tech. When he's not at work he likes to play with computer tech, home automation and video production.