In this video, I review the SmallRig 3021 micro-HDMI to full size HDMI adapter with strain relief. The idea is to allow you to plug in a full size HDMI cable to a camera that only has a micro-HDMI connector. Micro-HDMI is prone to damage as it is a small connector. Any accidential tugging or bending can damage the port. The smallrig adapter is supposed to provide some strain relief by mounting to a camera cage with a couple screws so that a tug on the HDMI cord won’t make its way to the camera.
In my case I run all my cameras into an Atem Mini Extreme ISO video switcher and recorder device in my studio. I never need to fetch or copy camera memory cards. All the cameras are recorded together onto one SSD for editing. I’d love to have an adapter cable with strain relief for my Sony A6400 cameras to protect their micro-hdmi ports for the long haul.
PRODUCTS MENTIONED IN THIS VIDEO
DISCLOSURE: This description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you which helps support the channel.
- 00:00 - EZcoo 4k HDMI Splitter/Scaler Introduction
- 00:46 - How can we record a 4k source with an Atem Mini
- 02:23 - EDID and Scaler Settings
- 03:53 - Testing 4k Monitor
- 04:37 - Atem Software Control Scaled Sample
- 05:00 - Visual Studio Code Scaled Sample
- 05:53 - BitFocus Companion Browser Scaled Sample
- 07:05 - Summary and Conclusion
#benstechlab #atemmini #smallrig
Posted By Ben
Ben is a software architect and developer who loves all things tech. When he's not at work he likes to play with computer tech, home automation and video production.